By now, you are likely aware that the National Association of REALTORS® has placed a travel moratorium on Executive Team members and NAR staff out of an abundance of caution for the coronavirus.
Fortunately, the CDC has only recognized one, single case in all of the states in Region 9, but some of our best speakers and presenters will be limited from traveling to Oklahoma to be with us. So, in consultation with the Region 9 Trustees and the CEO/AEs of the state associations, we have collectively decided pushing our conference back a few months will allow us to offer the best program and worry-free conference for our attendees.
Please join us in Oklahoma City for the Region 9 Conference on Sunday, June 28th and Monday, June 29th. We will be hosting a welcome reception on the evening of Saturday, June 27th. All scheduled programming will occur at the same slotted time, just about 3 months later in the year than originally scheduled!
For those who are already registered and have reserved a room: Your registration is still valid, and your room reservation will be switched over to the corresponding date in June!
Click here to register, or if you wish to alter your current registration and/or room reservation, see the notes below.
If you wish to cancel because these new dates don't work with your schedule, or for any other reason, you can do so, but if you will permit the Oklahoma Association of REALTORS® staff until next week, we will get you a link to where you can either alter or cancel your registration and your hotel room online.
I'd like to commend my home-state's staff for juggling this change in less than one day's time, but because we are announcing it to you the same day, the hotel management system hasn't got everything switched over yet. Early next week, I will ensure you get a link to make the requisite changes to your registration, including a full refund.
Thanks for your patience in this time where caution and confusion can look like the same thing. I assure you, we have used the best intentions in the postponement of this conference, and the decision was not made lightly. Ultimately the deciding factor was one we think everyone can get on board with: If we're going to host a conference, it better be one worth attending. Unfortunately with some speakers prevented from attending (understandably, sure), we didn't feel we could do that on the original dates.
We'll see y'all in June, and until then, just remember it's all going to be ok.... but it wouldn't hurt if you washed your hands. ;)
2020 NAR Region 9 VP